Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Talking Points #6 on Glee

Well after watching this show...may I mention that I am not a big fan of musicals. But what I had noticed was the discrimination that I saw towards the Gay character very severe and at one moment I did not see the kiss from the other male coming and that very much surprised me. I feel that in a way them putting that kiss in there was to grab the consumer's attention just to be like WOAH! where did that come from or at least that was there intention to me. I feel that in this they showed not only the feminine side of a homosexual but also the masculine side to it too. I mean I guess there are many different ways to interpret each kiss in this movie. For example the other kiss with the two kids who decided to start making out on the table to me was like almost showing a way of having each kiss be either innocent, aggressive, or passionate. There are so many ways that there could be an interpretation of all these kisses in Glee. May I have to admit that while watching Glee at home I didn't really catch much until I actually sat down and watched in class with the whole class and actually got a feel to what the show was really about. I was completely lost and I have a feeling I would have been even more lost if I had even gotten close to watching the whole thing and seeing that surprising kiss. I feel that the went against some of the main ideologies as the media most times portrays gays as being feminine when some are not there just regular citizens that act as a normal male or female would act just that there sexual preference is not the opposite of their own.

1 comment: